Choosing Happy

I've been sat here staring at the screen for what feels like an eternity trying to find the words to write this post. It's not that it's a particularly difficult post to write, I know what I want to say. It's just that I hate to come across as preachy and sometimes it's easier to stick to what I know, whether that be my favourite lipstick or cupcake recipe. I want to write something that will inspire people or make them smile, I want to make people happy.

Now don't get me wrong. Sometimes it isn't just as simple as choosing to be happy. Sometimes being happy isn't a choice and there's nothing we can do about certain situations. But for me personally, I always felt like I was constantly more worried about the other people around me and how my decisions would affect them. Pleasing my parents, pleasing my friends or my boss. It can be easy to get caught in this rut of never making decisions for yourself. Of course, it is important to consider others in your decision making but I don't think they should rule it.

One of my goals for 2016 was to do more things that make me happy. I was so scared of being judged for starting a blog but the support I've had is overwhelming. I've decided to make more decisions for me. Ultimately, you need to be selfish. Because when you're happy and confident with yourself, it shines through. Whether that be with your weight, personal life, uni, school, job, etc. If you're having problems in one area it can affect everything else in your life so easily without you even knowing it. I could write so much more about this subject but for now, I want to keep it short, light-hearted and sweet. Remember, don't let the muggles get you down! 

And to end, here's just a few things that make me happy:

1. Storms outside while I'm wrapped up in front of the fire inside.
2. Fresh snow on the pavement.
3. When the dog comes to my bedroom without being called. 
4. Getting the petrol meter exactly on £20.
5. Watching shows on catch up and forwarding through the adverts. 
6. Good cleavage days. 
7. When they message you first. 
8. Ordering clothes online and not having to send anything back.
9. Waking up before your alarm and realising you still have two hours sleep left.
10. Getting your cup of tea, toast and eggs all done at the same time. 
11. Surprise post. (Not of the bill variety)
12. Long phonecalls.
13. Finding that perfect selfie lighting.
14. And the perfect angle. 
15.Empty car parks. 
16. Fresh fake tan and nails.
17. Seeing friends and family happy.
18. Feeling sore after a workout and knowing it did the trick.
19. Seeing your food coming in a restaurant. 
20. Getting 4 blog posts done in one day. (Rare but known to happen)

What makes you happy?

7 comments

  1. AHHHHH a storm outside will all wrapped up and watching my favorite series would make me happy ahhh wish I had a fireplace but a good ol heater will do I can't wait for winter to approach.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a personal post! Well done you for choosing happiness even when times are tough. I generally just laughing until your stomach hurts, it actually makes you feel so good and definitely makes me realise how happy I can be if I just allow myself to be, instead of the constant worry and negative thoughts I have x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to choose to be happy more when i'm sad! When i'm sad i try to tell myself things could always be worse.. Storms make me happy too.. I love falling asleep to them xx

    www.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so important to be happy. As hard as it may seem, just forcing a smile can sometimes do the world of good. I think my favourite things from that list are fresh snow, getting the petrol on an exact price and seeing your food coming in a restaurant (I'm such a foodie).

    Sophie x | Essential Twenty

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE ordering clothes online and not having to send them back especially if it costs to send back!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this little list!! I pretty much agree with most of these. One thing that really makes me happy though it walking through the park near me in the morning on the way to the station and watching the squirrels chasing eachother - I don't know why but this literally fills me with joy!
    Laura x

    Http://lifebylaurax.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many of these things make me happy as well! (Particularly seeing my food come at a restaurant...) Swimming and singing are also great ways to lift me out of a bad mood x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete