March Beauty Favourites

I've officially made it my mission this year to get more old and neglected products back into rotation and daily use and although I'll always be trying out new brands, it's been nice pulling out old favourites that I had long forgotten about. I've picked out four products that I've been using regularly and particularly enjoying throughout the month of March.

My current go to base starts with the NARS Copacabana illuminator (post), a light pink pearl creamy liquid highlighter that can be used as a primer, a highlighter over foundation or mixed in with your foundation to add a bit of extra glow. I started using this as a base when I ran out of my regular primer and have really been enjoying using this instead to create that "glow from within" complexion. Though I won't say that it adds any particular staying power to my makeup like a normal primer would, the overall dewy effect is really nice and it's nothing that can't be combated with a bit of setting spray. I've then been using the Tarte Rainforest of The Sea foundation. Though I'm not a huge fan of the dropper (I'll go into more detail in a proper review) this is an absolute winner of a foundation for me. This a water based foundation, making it really nice and lightweight while still not being too runny. It's hydrating, has SPF15, blends nicely into the skin and gives really good coverage while still looking natural with a slight dewy finish. I've been told my skin looks amazing when wearing this! Though I don't reach for this on nights out, mainly due to the SPF, it's a great daytime and work foundation.

My quick lipstick pick has been the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in the shade 08. I totally forgot I had this until recently but it's a dusty pink nude in a not quite matte finish. This needs reapplying a few times throughout the day but it's far more comfortable than most nude shades I own that sit a lot more towards the matte end of the spectrum. Finally a makeup brush that's become a staple in my collection, the Zoeva 129 Luxe Fan Brush. Zoeva brushes are incredible quality for a decent price, incredibly soft and beautiful to look at too. This works perfectly for applying just the right amount of product to the cheekbones, making sure your highlighter looks on fleek.

What products have you been loving this month?

7 comments

  1. I've been hearing a lot of good things about this Tarte foundation so I definitely should give it a try.

    Marilyn | www.marilynnassar.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the NARS highlighter and that Tarte foundation! Beautiful photos Megan :) x

    Francisca | www.franciscamay.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Nars Highlighlighter out mainly for my shoulders and my collar bones in the summer, it looks so pretty!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The copacabana illuminator is one of my favourite products ever - lovely post!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the Tarte foundation, so many people seem to love it but I can't find anywhere that sells it near me! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two of these are definitely in my current favourites too!! The Tarte foundation and the Rimmel lipstick. I've been using them both every day. Great minds think alike :) xx

    Rhi | www.rinkydinkyrhi.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous picks! I'd love to try the tarte foundation, I always hear good things about it :) also big fan of the kate moss lipsticks :D they're my faves!

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete