3 Products I've Panned

It' really not often that I hit pan on a product, I have so many blushers, bronzers and highlighters that I'm constantly flicking between that the end is never really in sight for most of them. That is until you find a ride or die product, one you just keep coming back to because it just works so well. Whether that be the shade, formula or staying power, these are the ones you'll always find in your makeup bag or not far from it. And before you know it, as heartbreaking as it is, you've hit pan. That small silver circle in the centre slowly starts getting bigger and bigger and the end is inevitable. But think of it this way, once it's finished, you get to buy a pretty new one. Here's three products I've recently hit pan on:


If I had to pick one bronzer for the rest of my life, it would be the Chocolate Soleil from Too Faced. Currently I own the milk chocolate shade, slightly lighter than the original chocolate and perfect for anyone with a fairer skin tone. This is too light to use when I'm fake tanned but for those days when I'm not, it adds the perfect flush of colour without the orange sparkle that accompanies so many other bronzers. It's a silky smooth matte formula, perfect for an all over bronzer or for contouring and to top it all off it smells like chocolate. What more could you ask for?

Will I be repurchasing? Yes. Most definitely. I think this time I might opt for the original milk chocolate shade though, as I'd love to be able to use this more when I'm tanned.

It's really no surprise that this highlighter is so popular among bloggers and beauty addicts in general. The formula is super smooth, intensely pigmented and packs an incredible glow. It's also just the perfect champagne gold colour, particularly great for lighter skin tones but also works just as nicely with a tan. I love this for on the eyes too, it makes a great inner corner and brow bone highlight. I like to apply this with a fan brush to the high points of my cheekbones and cupids bow.

Will I be repurchasing? Yes. This will always be a personal favourite highlight. I've tried many others over the past few years and somehow always come back to this one.

Now this isn't exactly a ride or die product for me. Generally speaking I much prefer a loose powder to set my concealer and foundation these days but a pressed powder always has its place. This is the product that comes out with me throughout the day and on nights out to combat shine, where a loose powder just isn't convenient. The mirror in the compact make this a great one for on the move. It's totally translucent and leave you with a velvety smooth finish to the skin, keeping my concealer crease free throughout the day.

Will I be repurchasing? Probably not. I tend to just use loose powders and I think for something that is just for combating shine on a night out, there are cheaper options like Rimmel Stay Matte.

Have you hit pan on any products recently?

10 comments

  1. Mary Lou sounds incredible, I must get it soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou is so so pretty, I had it a few months ago but it smashed and I've just never got round to purchasing it again, definitely need to get it back into my life! Loved this post, a great idea.

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never panned a powder product!! I need to wear make up more clearly haha!

    Sophie - sophielillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try all three of these products - especially the too faced bronzer!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome idea for a post. I almost hit pan on my Mac concealer and I'm almost crying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mary Lou Highlighter is one of my favorites as well, I'll be repurchasing mine as soon as I see a bit of a dent.

    Perfect Shade of Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've hit pan on Mary-Lou too! I would definitely repurchase though as well. It's such a great highlight and so worth the hype x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try the Too Faced Bronzer, it looks incredible!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so rare that I hit pan on anything else than a powder foundation, such an accomplishment. Oh, wait and one blush is starting to show pan. Lightly.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Mary Loumanizer - it's such a gorgeous highlight not surprised you have hit pan on this!
    x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete