Things To Do This Winter

For my first December blogging, I decided that I want to up my posts to every other day from the 1st to the 25th, it's sort of my attempt to do Blogmas without completely bogging myself down. If I didn't have a dissertation to write, pints to pour and projects to finish, I'd probably push myself to post every day. But unfortunately, life gets in the way sometimes. I've still got a ton of festive posts coming your way, with all sorts covering beauty and lifestyle. The first thing I wanted to do was something a little bit different for me, a list of things to try out or do this Winter season.



1. Go for a walk.
Obviously this isn't something entirely exclusive to Winter and the weather isn't always permitting but a brisk walk in the cold or a long leisurely stroll through the park is a really nice way to get out of the house and get some fresh air. I live in the middle of nowhere so there's always an abundance of places to walk or bike to (if it's not tipping it down of course). I love the colours around this time of year, all the reds, orange and yellows of the leaves or the white snow and ice covering the ground. Wrap yourself up in a big coat, fluffy hat and warm scarf and explore!


2. Visit a Christmas Market.
By this time of year, a lot of the Christmas markets up and down the country have opened their doors to the public and what else says Christmas more than bustling streets, loads of lights, mulled wine and a whole lot of food. My personal favourites are the markets in Manchester and having lived here for the past three years, I like to visit as much as I can while I'm still at university. They're absolutely enormous in Manchester, spanning all the way across Albert Square, Market Street and a lot of the city centre. There's so much to see, do and eat. I love all the adorable little craft stalls and the masses of different foods to try out. Seriously, I've never seen so many different types of sausage in one place! 

3. Start a new book. 
This may not seem as exciting as the previous suggestions but I think this time of year is the perfect time to cuddle up inside with a blanket and a good book, especially if it's cold and raining outside. Reading is a fantastic form of escapism, you can really throw yourself into an entirely different world and get your imagination working overtime. I know I'll be sitting down in front of the fire getting through the Lord Of The Rings, with a boozy hot chocolate in hand. (Alternatively, if you're not into reading, try a new TV series). 

4. Go see a show. 
I haven't been to see anything in the theatre or on stage for an incredibly long time, probably not since high school where we went to watch the classic "he's behind you!" pantomimes. This year, I'm desperate to go and see something, whether that be on the West End or a local theatre. The shows I particularly want to see are Les Miserables, The Lion King and Wicked, three absolute classics! Though I will happily settle for a good old Christmas pantomime. 

5. Go Christmas shopping.
Speaks for itself really, I may have already finished my shopping (because I was sick of  leaving it until the last minute and running around busy shopping centres) but that isn't stopping me from having a gander around the Arndale every now and then. It gives me an excuse to walk around the Christmas markets again and means I often end up coming home with presents for myself, so everyone's a winner really. All the lights are up and there's a lovely atmosphere in the air!

6. Have a sleepover.
Gather all your closest friends, loads of blankets, wine, hot chocolate and all your favourite snacks and host your own Christmas sleepover. Get everyone to bring their favourite film (mine would personally be Love Actually) and have an incredibly cosy night in. You can exchange presents and tuck into mince pies (I'd personally opt for chocolate cake as mince pies are not for me) while listening to all the best Christmas songs or partake in a few games like Charades or Pictionary. I used to play games like this all the time on Christmas day!

What things will you be doing this Winter?

9 comments

  1. These so much to do - I mostly snuggle in bed and watch tons of series

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such great ideas!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snuggling in front of a tv with some hot cocoa and lotsss of DIYs :)))) I will be posting some projects on my blog soon, too (on Thursday ;) :) xx


    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walks in the winter time are my favourite thing to be honest!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to a Christmas market before so that's definitely something that I want to do this year!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot get enough of Christmas markets! They make me feel so festive :) I love going for winter walks and a hot chocolate, I just love everything about winter haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even tho I really like walking, I hate being outside when it is freezing. However having a mulled wine and walking wouldn't be a problem.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey gorgeous girl! I loved this post. So many things I should try out too. I love visiting Christmas markets. The city I live in is officially Finland's Christmas city and the markets here are absolutely amazing <3
    Hope your having a fab week.
    Ps. That header of yours, I'm so in love :D <3
    Emma xxx

    www.wellemma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! Thank you for reading :) Aw thank you, have a lovely week.

      Megan x

      Delete