Autumn/Winter Nails 2015

Following on from my previous post looking at my choices for lip colour this season, I thought I'd take a look at the colours I'll be wearing on my nails. As with the lips I tend to navigate more towards anything berry toned, red, purple, or generally dark at this time of the year before I slowly transition into full on glitter at Christmas time. This line up is going to be very Essie heavy, in fact it's entirely made up of Essie polishes. I've been addicted to Essie polishes since my sister bought me my first many Christmases ago. I think they have a fantastic range of shades with something to suit everyone and they're constantly bringing out something new. I also think the formula (for the most part) is fantastic, with most polishes only needing one or two coats max. I say most here as there are some colours that seem to use a completely different formula and never build up a solid colour no matter how many coats I painstakingly build up, I find this generally with the lighter shades, having never had a problem with any of the darker colours. So without further ado here is my Autumn/Winter nail polish lineup...







Clambake: This is one of those colours mentioned above that needs a little more than two coats to build up a completely opaque colour but I still love it nonetheless. It's a very orange toned red, perfect for transitioning from Summer to Autumn.

Bobbing For Baubles: My absolute favourite Essie polish. Ever. This is the second bottle I've got through now and I will continue to repurchase this for as long as I live. This is a stunning dark blue, sapphire shade, It goes on beautifully with one coat but I like to use two for good measure. I got this initially as part of a set with the top coat Set In Stones which I would highly recommend as well, especially as a pair.

Russian Roulette: Again one of my favourite polishes from my collection and the only red nail polish I really wear. In my opinion the perfect true red shade, more on the blue side of things. This creates a beautiful colour with two coats. I love wearing this on nights out with all black, I feel extremely sophisticated and fierce.

Bahama Mama: A gorgeous berry toned purple, perfect in two coats. This is a great Autumn shade and like Clambake is perfect for that transition from Summer to Autumn, still keeping your nails colourful but brining in those more muted, vampy shades.

Smokin Hot: This is one of my newest nail polish purchases and I'm extremely happy with my choice. I would describe this colour as a dark grey almost with a slight hint of mauve and purple, but maybe that's just me. Again this only needs two coats for all all over opaque finish and I think it'll look perfect around Christmas and New Years with a silver glittery topcoat.



Do you like Essie polishes? What nail colours will you be wearing over the next few months? I'd love to hear in the comments! 

11 comments

  1. Bahama Mama is a gorgeous colour, burgundy colours are my favourites for Autumn & Winter, will have to pick that one up :)

    Just Little Things xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I think it makes a great all year round shade too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Great picks! These shades are stunning, especially bahama mama! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think I'll be rocking Bahama Mama A LOT this Winter! Thanks for reading :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I'm wearing Smokin Hot right now, I just think it's so chic! Wow, thank you very much, that's so lovely of you! :)

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a love hate relationship with Essie, they have the most amazing colors, but always chip on me within a few days! That being said, I think I'm still going to go out and buy a ton this holiday season. I love all the different shades of red, especially Bahama Mama!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Really? I think having acrylic nails I don't tend to get that as much. Even so, their shades are to die for!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. Such a big fan of the Bahama Mama colour! Definitely agree that you only need one or two coats for Essie nail polishes! Great post, very helpful

    Yours truly,
    Micah
    xo
    http://www.yourstrulymicah.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours! I love the look of Clambake xxx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter colours are the best!

    www.thatpalegirl.com

    ReplyDelete