Autumn/Winter Lips 2015

September is finally upon us, the nights are starting to draw in and the weather is getting cooler (although let's be honest, we didn't have much of a Summer here in the UK to begin with). This has to me my favourite time of year! There's just something about the dark evenings, cuddling up with a hot chocolate in front of an open fire that makes feel really happy. And as I sit and type this in my Christmas tartan pyjamas, I can't help but look forward to everything that the following months have to offer. Lots of layers, Halloween, Bonfire Night, open fires, Autumnal colours and eventually Christmas. So with that being said I thought I'd take a look and share with you what I'll be wearing on my lips for the rest of the year. From September onwards I tend to pack away the bright pinks and oranges and stick more to blue toned reds and berry shades, with the occasional nude thrown in for good measure. Here's a run down of a few of my personal favourites...






Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm in Sultry: This for me is the perfect nude shade. As I'm quite pale, I find that sticking to a darker nude helps stop me being washed out, so this being slightly on the mauve side is great for that. The Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balms have a wonderful texture and slide on the lips beautifully, leaving them feeling moisturised despite the matte finish. They also have a really fresh minty scent.

MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red: There's not much to say about this really, it's an absolute classic for this time of the year. The perfect blue toned red, not drying like a few of the MAC matte lipsticks. Also looks lovely mixed with a bit of the Rimmel 107 or layered over a pink lip liner to give it more of a berry finish.

MAC Satin Lipstick in Rebel: This was the first MAC lipstick I ever bought and it still remains a firm favourite. It's probably the darkest and most purple I'm brave enough to go with my lip colour. Paired with the Currant lip liner it makes for a great vampy night time look.

Rimmel Kate Moss in 01: Another great blue toned red and in my opinion, a cheaper drugstore alternative/dupe to Russian Red. The colour isn't as long lasting but I find it is more moisturising on the lips.

Rimmel Kate Moss in 107: Are there any beauty bloggers out there who don't wear this colour? An absolute lipstick staple and cult classic for this time of year. It's the perfect berry shade worn alone but I like to wear it with a red lip liner or mixed with a red lipstick, just to give it a little something extra.

Rimmel Apocalips in Meteroic Matte: I love the original formula for the Apocalips but for me the matte formula hits the nail on the head. I personally much prefer a matte, dry finish to the lips and these are spot on. The colour is almost like a liquid lipstick version of 107, perfect if you want a longer lasting finish to your lip colour.

MAC Lip Liner in Currant: I find that when worn alone this liner comes up patchy and settles into all the fine lines and cracks on my lips but works perfectly paired up with a lipstick like Rebel, it adds that dark, vampy edge, great for a night out.

MAC Lip Liner in Beet: Similarly I find that I don't like to wear this liner on it's own (I generally prefer the nude MAC liners for wearing on their own, or alternatively the pro-longwear forumla) but it's the perfect shade to wear under Rimmel 107 and really helps to extend the longevity of my lipstick.

So that's a round up of the shades I'll be wearing this Autumn and Winter, what colours do you reach for at this time of the year? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear your favourites!


10 comments

  1. Red lipsticks are my all time favourites. Revlon's lipstick looks really nice I'd like to try it out soon!
    I just picked up MAC Chili which is suitable for autumn :)
    Love your blog, new follower x

    www.damlatuzun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I think red lipsticks will always be a staple in my collection! Ooh, I'll have to check Chili out, thanks for the suggestion!

      Thank you very much! :)
      x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was terrified of Rebel at first but it's definitely one of my favourites now! x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the vampier shades we get into for A/W so I'm also pretty excited for this time of year :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. revlon matte balms are my all time fav! I have the most gorgeous plummy one :) xxx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though the nights are drawing in I feel sad when I realise it's not time quite time to bring the jumpers out yet even though I can't wait!
    These are some great products and overall a great post, I don't usually change my lip colour to suit the season but I have been inspired to give it a go this year!

    Tayla | Daisychains16

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I really love Meteroic Matte! *heart eye emoji's*

    Jess @ www.JuicyyyJesss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete