Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lips | Review

*sighs* Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how dreamy the Anastasia Liquid Lipsticks are? They're just so pretty to look at and photograph. I recently picked up these beauties while on holiday in Florida, as up until recently they've been pretty difficult to get ahold of in the UK without forking out ridiculous custom fees. (Anastasia do now have their own UK site, so getting these should now be far easier!) And now I've had enough time to road test the shades, I wanted to share my thoughts with anyone who may be considering ordering a few.



First I will say that these are not my favourite liquid lipstick formula. They're up there at number two but not quite my favourite. But we'll get to that later. I picked up three shades, Pure Hollywood (a repeat purchase), Kathryn and Craft. I love the packaging on these, the clear tube makes it super easy to see the product colour and the gold and silver accents make them feel that little bit more high end. The doe foot applicator is the perfect size to get that pout on fleek and I've never struggled with getting perfect edges, corners and cupids bow. One thing I will say for these across the board is that they're incredibly pigmented and you only need one swipe for opaque coverage, no layering required. My only gripe with these is that one they've started to wear off, they need a complete reapplication as layering ends up with them going sort of flakey and uncomfortable on the lips. And when you're at work, scrubbing off a liquid lipstick with no proper remover can be a right pain in the ass. I do tend to find these drying after a few hours as well, nothing a bit of lip balm can't fix but that's probably the reason that the Jeffree Star Liquid Lips just pip them to the post in terms of formula.


Pure Hollywood is a pale pink nude and one of my absolute favourite day to day AND night shades. I personally find this the perfect shade for my skintone tanned or pale, it doesn't wash me out and it's not too dark either, it's just right. I love it so much that this is my second tube, who knew you could even finish a lipstick!? Of the three I find this to have the longest staying power and it wears the nicest throughout the day. Liquid lipsticks from all brands can vary in formula across shades and I do find this the case with these. I'd say this gives me a good 5-6 hours of wear time before I need to think about reapplying and even then, it's just the inner part of my lips that need a touch up. Nothing too noticeable especially with it being such a light shade.


Kathryn is a hard colour to describe, it's like a mix of berry and brown and definitely comes out a little brighter than you'd expect but I've sort of fallen in love with it. As with the other shades the pigmentation is great, the only issue I had was the wear after eating. Though in general they wore really well, I found after breakfast and lunch the colour faded a lot on the inside of the lip. This may have been something to do with the oil in the food (though it was just a chicken salad so who knows). Craft, a pink berry shade, was very similar in terms of formula. Again after eating I found the inside of my lips to have worn off slightly but in general the wear time was really good and the colour is just gorgeous.

So final verdict? I love the Anastasia Liquid Lips. Though they may be second in my favourites list to Jeffree Star for formula, simply down to how they tended to wear in the centre of the lips and have a tendency to feel dry after a few hours, they're up there for the pigmentation, colour range and packaging.

Have you tried the Anastasia Liquid Lipsticks? 

16 comments

  1. I love these! Pure Hollywood is next on my list x

    Laurzrah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg they look incredible in the swatches! Pure Hollywood is so me! I've read/watched such mixed reviews about these but I'm sure I'll cave one day and try at least one just to see what I think :) xx
    Nicole | Nicole Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need Pure Hollywood in my makeup collection. I havent tried anything from ABH before but now that they have a UK site I will definitely be saving so I can try some of their makeup.

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to read this review! I really wanted to purchase some of her lipsticks but actually I may give Jeffree Star a go first hehe :)

    Albana Janjeva | Stylist | Pick of the Month: Off-White

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. Please check out my new post on all things hair colour!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing!! Not sure I'd go for them solely for the whole scrubbing off and reapplying when you need to though. xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pure Hollywood looks gorgeous! It's a shame they're a bit drying on the lips xx

    Becky | www.alittlerosy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. the packaging is just amazing. they really remind of the ysl lipsticks and the colours look so good. kathryn looks perfect to me.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photography lovely! I've never tried any ABH products but the lipsticks look absolutely stunning. xx

    Francisca | www.franciscamay.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure Hollywood is such a stunning shade!! I need this in my life! Beautiful photography and loving how well you described each! I still haven't got my hands on any shades from ABH and I love her products x


    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these are absolutely gorgeous - wish they were readily avaliable in the UK!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard great things about these Anastasia liquid lipsticks. xx

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/makeup-aficionado-14629679

    https://au.pinterest.com/bernadette_95/

    https://www.instagram.com/themakeupaficionado17/

    https://www.facebook.com/themakeupaficionado/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are incredible, they last for soooo long. I only have one shade but I want to get at least two more, just to have a little variety, right? :) X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not normally into pink shades but that pure hollywood one has stole my heart, it's so pretty!! I'm so glad that they've finally got a UK website, it's been well overdue!
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't tried any of these yet but I'd definitely like to. I love the two darker shades you've picked x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to pick some of these shades up but they're such a pricey liquid lipstick!x

    meg x meghobson.com

    ReplyDelete