Step Into Spring with Essie

Firstly let me apologise profusely for not having a new post up in two weeks. This last month or so have been incredibly hectic and stressful for me, a culmination of personal things and being behind on university work have left blogging at the bottom of my to do list. Being on a huge (and very real) spending ban also doesn't help when there's just so many new products and things I wan to try. Nonetheless I am back and filled with new ideas for content and motivated to get going. So as we're officially into March and stepping into Spring (though my frozen car at 7am would say otherwise) I thought I'd share a few of my favourite Springtime Essie nail colours with you. Cue an array of pretty pastel shades.




While I'm still desperately clinging onto my dark berry and navy nails, the closer we head to April, the more I'm leaning towards brighter corals, peaches, pastel pinks and duck eggs. They're the perfect transition shade before we head into the ultra bright and maybe even fluorescent shades of Summer. (Yes I will be rocking fluro pink nails this Summer, it is festival season afterall). I've pulled out six from my collection to share with you today, all from my favourite nail brand, Essie. All the shades here give incredible coverage and colour with one coat but a second is definitely recommended for an all over opaque finish. In terms of staying power, this is something I don't really struggle with, as a wearer of acrylic nails these polishes never chip on me. Another great thing about Essie is the extensive shade range, I just think there's something to suit everyone from colours to topcoats and glitters with new shades every season.

Sunday Funday: A vibrant coral with an ever so slight shimmer (for me this doesn't really translate across to the nails). This is one of my favourite shades for Summer as well, it really pops against a tan.

Go Ginza: This is my perfect purple shade, super pale and slightly more on the pink side. Essie describe this as a soft cherry blossom pink but I would definitely say it's a lot more purple based than cherry blossom.

Blossom Dandy: For those who are fans of Mint Candy Apple by Essie, this is essentially the same thing, if you put both bottles side by side without the label, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all. The perfect minty mix of blue and green.

Tart Deco: Another gorgeous coral, definitely more on the orange/peach end of the spectrum and more creamy than Sunday Funday. As someone who hates wearing orange, this is surprisingly wearable.

Lovie Dovie: Described as a flamingo pink, this is a really nice shade for anyone who's a little scared to go super bright with pink nails.

Virgin Snow: Very similar to Go Ginza in that it's a pastel purple shade but this is far more lavender. Though this is part of their Winter collection I think it's perfect through these cold Spring months as well.


What nail colours will you be wearing this Spring?

8 comments

  1. So many beautiful shades for spring and Essie is such a great brand too as I love their formulas. My favourites would have to be Go Ginza and Blossom Dandy x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are so gorgeous and shades I can't wait to wear this spring, although I do find with Essie they need a few coats to get an opaque finish xo

    http://www.samanthasbeautyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried Essie polish before! This post is making me want to try! Such lovely colours! xxxx

    Ellen | xellegirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. essie is just a winner. i love their pastels for spring time. go ginza is such a nice color. i have to put it on asap.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've picked out the most gorgeous shades ever! I can't tell which one is my favourite!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Essie is one of my favourite nail polish brands and I literally need all of the shades above! They're all so gorgeous and definitely perfect for Spring time :)x

    Anu♡ | Based On | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such beautiful shades, I particularly like the purple shade! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful shades, Blossom Dandy is lovely though I would wear all of them :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete