The Lorac Unzipped Palette | Review

Warning, if you're a bit of a sucker for a good eyeshadow palette then you might want to look away now. Seriously, I do not accept any responsibility for money that shouldn't be spent on make-up disappearing from your account after seeing this one. The Lorac Unzipped Eyeshadow Palette is by no means a new palette, in fact it's been around for a while now and been sat in my palette basket for nearly a year waiting to be reviewed but it's one that I fall in love with over and over again.


Lorac is one of those brands that's a little tricky to get a hold of in the UK, you can pick up their palettes on Amazon but you'll end up paying a little more for them as well as extra shipping costs. I was lucky enough to travel to Florida last Christmas and couldn't resist picking up one of these while I was in an Ulta. If you're a fan of the Naked 3 palette and those rosy pink neutral shades then this is definitely the palette for you. Personally, I never reach for my Naked 3 shadows anymore and in all honesty I would reach for the Lorac Unzipped over them anyday. So if I were to recommend one to pick up, it'd have to be this one. (Although if you're a palette hoarder in general then it won't hurt to have both, there's not really any exact dupes across both, just a couple of slightly similar shades like Unbelievable and Trick).

The 10 shadows come in nice slim packaging along with a mirror, perfect for travelling with and there's a magnetic closure which keeps everything nice and secure. Another bonus is you also get a sample sized primer with the palette which considering the relatively high price is a nice addition.


Most importantly. The shades. You get 10 colours, 3 mattes, 2 satin/shimmers and 5 metallics. There's not one colour in this palette that I don't use, which is very very rare because there's normally always one. There's everything you need here for a complete eye look, your inner corner highlight in Undercover, deep crease shades like Unbridled and a multitude of all over metallics to choose from. I found the formula to be pretty consistent across the shades, buttery, soft and pigmented. I did find a little fall out but that was to be expected from shadows so pigmented and soft. The stand outs for me have to be Unbridled and pretty much all the metallic shades but Unattainable in particular. They just really pop on the eyelid and the metallic glittery sheen really translates from pan to lid. My favourite way to apply these is either using a slightly damp brush or for an even more intense finish, just using my fingertips. The staying power is great as well, I didn't have any issues with these lasting the night when used alongside the primer.


Overall this is one palette that I would HIGHLY recommend, especially for fans of the pink toned neutral eye. The colours are pigmented, long lasting and just insanely beautiful. It's the perfect palette for on the go as you don't need any additional shades, you have everything you need all in one place along with a mirror and even primer. Perfect.

Have you tried the Lorac Unzipped palette? What did you think?

5 comments

  1. I would totally buy this palette if I find a website that ships Lorac to Portugal. All of the Lorac palettes are absolutely stunning! x

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette is very beautiful. I can imagine all the looks you can create with it and it's cheaper than the Naked palette so that's a win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always crushed on the unzipped palette :D Lovely colors!

    http://www.desiringsme.com/10-things-about-me/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this palette before but I think I am going to have to check it out, such stunning shades!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I should have looked away. Now I NEED it, it is so beautiful!
    Gabrielle xxx
    https://gabriellesnow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete